1 hr 15 mins
From Gourmet magazine, this sounds really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a small bowl stir together hoisin, sugar, five-spice powder, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- 3In a small glass baking dish brush pork with hoisin mixture and roast in middle of oven 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in center registers 160.
- 4Let pork stand on a cutting board 15 minutes.
- 5Cut pork crosswise into thin slices and halve slices diagonally.
- 6In a large saucepan skim any fat from surface of broth and bring broth to a boil with gingerroot, star anise, garlic, and remaining tablespoon soy sauce.
- 7Remove pan from heat and steep broth, covered, 30 minutes.
- 8Pour broth through a sieve into another large saucepan.
- 9While broth is steeping, in a 5-quart kettle bring 3 1/2 quarts salted water to a boil and add noodles.
- 10When water returns to boil add 1 cup cold water and bring to boil again.
- 11Repeat procedure and simmer noodles 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- 12In a colander drain noodles and rinse under cold water.
- 13Drain noodles well and divide among 4 large soup bowls.
- 14Bring broth to a boil.
- 15Cut bok choy crosswise into 3/4-inch slices and add to broth.
- 16Simmer mixture 2 minutes, or until bok choy is crisp-tender.
- 17Divide pork, bok choy, and broth among bowls.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soba Noodle Soup With Roast Pork and Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (705 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.1 mg
- Sodium 2450.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: