Recipe by chia
quick easy main course soup, you can substitute chicken or tofu if you prefer, and this is easily doubled or tripled.
Top Review by spatchcock
Really terrific recipe, Chia. I doubled this and followed it pretty much to a T--except I was fairly approximate with some of the broth ingredients. The broth is really something special--very warming and satisfying. Thank you for posting--we both loved it!
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant dashi stock
- 2 scallions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- cook soba in boiling water for 4-5 minutes until done.
- meanwhile heat stock, soy, mirin, sugar, dashi to boil in a saucepan.
- add shrimp, cook for 2 minutes until cooked through.
- drain soba, divide between 2 bowls pour shrimp and soup over noodles, top with scallions, serve.