Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
quick easy main course soup, you can substitute chicken or tofu if you prefer, and this is easily doubled or tripled.
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant dashi stock
- 2 scallions, sliced
- cook soba in boiling water for 4-5 minutes until done.
- meanwhile heat stock, soy, mirin, sugar, dashi to boil in a saucepan.
- add shrimp, cook for 2 minutes until cooked through.
- drain soba, divide between 2 bowls pour shrimp and soup over noodles, top with scallions, serve.
Really terrific recipe, Chia. I doubled this and followed it pretty much to a T--except I was fairly approximate with some of the broth ingredients. The broth is really something special--very warming and satisfying. Thank you for posting--we both loved it!
Delicate yet hearty, and easy. I found a bit more broth was good. I used water and a bit more dashi powder instead of chicken broth. This was good with tofu, which was all I had, but I think it will be fabulous with shrimp.