Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this on a cooking show in Malaysia. It's approximate but can be revised for individual taste
- 226.79 g soba noodles
- cold water
- 1 small spring onion, sliced thinly
- 12 slice fresh salmon, sliced thinly
- 1 sheet nori, cut into strips
- 0.25 ml sesame oil
- 946.36-1182.95 ml dashi (Japanese broth)
- 14.79-29.58 ml black sesame seed
- 14.79-29.58 ml wasabi
- Boil enough water to cover cook soba noodles. Add 1 Celsius cold water and bring to boil again. Rinse immediately in cold water and set aside.
- Heat dashi to med-high and add the salmon or tuna. Cook for 1 minute and add the nori strips, spring onion and sesame oil.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle with black sesame seeds and wasabe on the side.
- *Note - you can make dashi by boiling 5 cups of water and 1 strip of konbu seaweed for an hour. It's also good with a couple shiitake mushrooms. Alternatively buy dashi powder and mix with water for a quick lunch soup.