Cooking Light. My daughter's favorite things - noodles and tofu! This is another one of those great clean-out-the-fridge type meals. Use whatever veggies you like or have. Snow peas are a great additon.
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 4 cups hot cooked soba noodles (about 8 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles) or 4 cups whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 cups very thinly sliced napa cabbage (Chinese)
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- To prepare dressing, combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine noodles and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing, tossing well to coat.