I was looking for an interesting salad to go with some Asian marinated fish skewers and this was wonderful. When I made it I skipped the salad greens and bean sprouts (the grocery stores were totally out of bean sprouts!!!) and served the Asian tuna skewers on the salad -- delish! If following the WW flex plan this is 6 points per serving (without the grilled tuna). Recipe source: Great Cooking Every Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth or 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups bean sprouts
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2/3 cup snow peas, sliced
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1To make the dressing combine broth (or water), vinegar, 2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, shallots, mustard and garlic in a small bowl or jar. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the oil and the chives. Set aside.
- 2In a skillet heat the remaining oil (1 teaspoon) over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender (3-5 minutes) and season with remaining soy sauce (1 1/2 teaspoons). Remove from heat and let cool while preparing noodles.
- 3Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Rinse again.
- 4In a large salad bowl toss the noodles with the sesame oil.
- 5Add mushrooms, scallions, bean sprouts, carrot and snow peas. Add dressing and toss.
- 6***See note in description.***Arrange salad greens on plates and top with noodle salad and then garnish with the pickled ginger and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soba Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 778.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: