Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
great first course or light lunch- you decide.
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- cooking spray
- salt, pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 10 ounces soba noodles
- 5 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant dashi stock
- 4 ounces firm tofu, diced
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 sheet nori, cut into strips (optional)
- preheat broiler.
- spray shiitake with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, broil about 5 minutes until mushrooms are browned.
- remove and slice.
- stir sugar into soy sauce and mirin, set aside.
- cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- into boiling water add dashi.
- add tofu and shiitake, simmer for 2 minutes.
- add spinach.
- place soba into 4 deep bowls.
- spoon dashi over noodles sprinkle with scallions, garnish with nori.
- pass soy sauce mixture alongside.
Very good and interesting soup that is also very easy to make. Chia, this is one of the first recipes I ever made with tofu that no one commented on the tofu -- everyone just ate every drop. Thanks for sharing!