Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an interesting salad that is a bit different than the usual shrimp and pasta salad. Recipe source: Sunset Magazine
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 quarts spinach, washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 12 ounces baby shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup pink pickled ginger, sliced
- Boil soba in boiling water for 5-8 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water and then drain again.
- While noodles are cooking, mix together wasabi and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl or cup.
- Let stand 5 minutes and then add the soy sauce and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the spinach, noodles, green onions, shrimp, ginger and dressing.
dh and i loved this salad. simple to make, good for a hot summer weeknight meal. i used green tea soba noodles, which are a bit lighter than regular soba. also subbed some napa cabbage for the spinach, cause that's what i had on hand. will definitely make again!
this was a wonderful quick lunch meal which is easy to prepare. the only changes i made was adding fresh grated ginger to the dressing as i didn't have pickled ginger to add at the end. i prefer my spinach wilted so i added it to the colander before draining the soba noodles. then i added some thai basil from my garden. very refreshing.