Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light. Hearty enough for a main dish, also makes a good packed lunch. Can also use rotisserie chicken instead of shrimp. I used leftover grilled Jalapeno and Basil-Glazed Chicken and thought this was best made the night before. Serving size is generous.
- 6 ounces uncooked soba noodles, broken in half (buckwheat noodles)
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 1⁄2 lb coarsely chopped cooked shrimp or 1⁄2 lb chicken
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons thai chili paste with garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Combine noodles, shredded cabbage, carrot, 1/2 c green onions, and shrimp in a large bowl.
- Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stir with whisk until blended. Add soy sauce mixture to noodle mixture, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with 1/4 c green onions and peanuts.