Recipe by -JL-
Cute bars of soap using store bought glycerine soap bars (about $3 each in most grocery stores) with little surprises hidden inside like mini nail polishes, lipsticks, money, etc. As simple as chopping blocks of soap into chunks, melting it down in microwave, then re-molding into a muffin tin or ramekins.
- 10 colored glycerin bath soap, cut into small chunks (all same color, or two different colors)
- vegetable oil or canola oil, to grease muffin tin
Directions See How It's Made
- SURPRISE GIFT IDEAS TO PUT INTO SOAP BARS: Mini Lipstick Mini Nailpolish Eyeshadow Key Chains Special Coins Dollar Bills (enclosed in small sturdy plastic pouches) Jewelry (enclosed in small sturdy plastic pouches) Any other small items you can think of (but enclose in plastic pouches if you don't want them to get wet from making or using soaps)** USING ALL SAME COLOR, do batch as written below.
- IF USING 2 DIFFERENT COLORS, make 2 batches in separate bowls.
- Put chunks of glycerin bars into bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Take out and stir, then microwave again for an additional 1 minute or until completely liquid.
- Using oil, grease each muffin tin or ramekin.
- Place your surprise gifts into each mold, laying flat (Don't stand them up).
- Pour melted soap into each mold, completely covering surprises.
- Refrigerate molds until cool and firm (about 30 minutes).
- Turn molds over and gently tap until soaps are released.
- Let sit overnight, then wrap with new brightly colored washcloth or colored plastic wrap, tie with a ribbon.