Recipe by Monique in LA
Simple yet taste so good. My MIL makes these a lot. Think the original recipe, which has been altered, came out of Southern Living last year. You can add any dry flavoring and seasonings you would want on them I believe. Unsure of serving size, just had to put a number there. I'm just sticking numbers in spaces so zaar can publish it. Nothing has to be measured, you just roast how many you want and eat how many you dare! Prep time is soak time and oven preheating.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups water (enough to cover nuts)
- 1 -4 teaspoon salt (there's no set amount it's to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Soak desired amount of pecans in water for 20 minutes.(I use warm water for the soak).
- Drain water from the nuts and toss a little salt around on them.
- Salt a shallow pan.
- Arrange nuts in single layer on presalted pan.
- TURN THE OVEN OFF.
- Place the pan in the hot BUT OFF oven and let it sit for 90 minutes.
- Remove and eat!
- Note: I sometimes add things like garlic powder or pepper to the mix. You could add any dry ingredients to this and it would come out. I tried it with walnuts just because I had extra -- ewwwwwww nasty.