Recipe by Lois
My deli carries a yummy baked potato salad. I asked them what was in it and they told me. I had some leftover baked potatoes that I needed to use so I tried making it and it was a BIG hit at my house. It disappeared before I got it to the dinner table...lol !
Top Review by Ruby Girl
I agree that this recipe should be made the day before serving and it is well worth the wait. It is delicious and the true testament is from a person who up to this recipe never liked any potato salad recipes.
- 3 large baked potatoes, cooled, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I use the precooked kind)
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced and then chopped (green part only)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash celery salt or 1 dash seasoning salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently stir together all the ingredients in a large bowl using a large spoon, reserving a little cheddar, green onion and bacon for garnish.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with reserved shredded cheddar, green onion slices and bacon crumbles for a beautiful presentation.