Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My deli carries a yummy baked potato salad. I asked them what was in it and they told me. I had some leftover baked potatoes that I needed to use so I tried making it and it was a BIG hit at my house. It disappeared before I got it to the dinner table...lol !
- 3 large baked potatoes, cooled, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I use the precooked kind)
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced and then chopped (green part only)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash celery salt or 1 dash seasoning salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (optional)
- Gently stir together all the ingredients in a large bowl using a large spoon, reserving a little cheddar, green onion and bacon for garnish.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with reserved shredded cheddar, green onion slices and bacon crumbles for a beautiful presentation.
I agree that this recipe should be made the day before serving and it is well worth the wait. It is delicious and the true testament is from a person who up to this recipe never liked any potato salad recipes.
I basically used this recipe as a "base" to work into a potato salad with what I had on hand. I did everything as called for except I used "bacos" or "bac'n bits" instead of fresh bacon bc I was afraid it would get soggy. I also didn't get to use the shredded cheese bc I reached my hand into the package of "Kraft shredded cheese" and it was moldy! Even though I JUST bought it and it wasn't due to expire for 2 weeks!! Total bummer!!! But the potato salad went over well anyways! The whole bowl got eaten :) hope this helps others looking for a different potato salad recipe.
This was good and easy to make. I used two cans of sliced potatoes. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. I did have to add a bit more sour cream and mayo. This was different but we enjoyed it. I liked it better the longer it sat.