Take a little bit longer than other lasagna recipes....but oh so worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 lb mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat in frying pan until browned.
- 2Drain all liquid.
- 3Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and wine.
- 4Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 3/4 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- 5Soak lasagna sheets in hot salted water for about 20-30 minutes
- 6Drain noodles.
- 7In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 8Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 9To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 10Arrange 4 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce.
- 11Spread with one third of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- 12Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese.
- 13Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella.
- 14Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 15Repeat layers, rwice to make 3 layers.
- 16Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- 17Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray.
- 18Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- 19Remove foil, and bake an additional 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for So Worth It Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 2463.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: