Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is made in a slow cooker... from a slow cooker book. Sounds good!
- 1 (3 lb) arm roast or 1 (3 lb) chuck roast
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopedried onion gravy mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope au jus mix
- 3 cups water
- assorted fresh vegetables or potatoes or carrots or onions or celery, etc.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Combine in bowl gravy mixes and water.
- Pour gravy mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
- Add vegetables and cook for another 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
I didn't add the veggies - but served the meat with the au just (like a French dIp). While the gravy was GREAT, the meat was not. Dry and overcooked. Don't know if my Crock Pot cooked it too fast? Or maybe it was the cut of meat? Flavor should have been great with those gravy mixes, but just wasn't.....