1/1 Photo of So Simple Mexican Rice
I love the fluffy, lightly seasoned rice I get as a side dish at my favorite Mexican cantina... This rice does not have any chunks of vegetables in it and has a very light tomato flavor. It is a very "dry" rice, unlike some that you may have tried that are very wet or gummy. I have tried to duplicate it and this is my best effort so far. This simple rice goes well with spicy Mexican main dishes since it does not compete with those bright bold flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a pan on medium heat.
- 2Add the rice and stir until all the grains are coated with the oil/butter mixture and lightly toasted.
- 3Add water and tomato bouillon.
- 4Stir to combine throughly.
- 5Allow to come to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low and cover. NO PEEKING!
- 7Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- 8Allow rice to rest for 5 minutes after cooking.
- 9Fluff with a fork and serve!
- 10Garnish with parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for So Simple Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 31.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: