1/1 Photo of So Simple Cowboy Caviar
Had this at a potluck picnic and it was wonderful. I sought out the woman who made it and got the recipe. The secret is to drain it before serving so it isn't swimming in dressing. Serve with tortilla chips. I use cider vinegar but feel free to use white, red, raspberry or any other flavor of your choice. Can sizes are given for the current commonly available sizes in the US. Adjust ingredients for your taste. Times do not include marinate or draining time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar (flavor of your choice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1In small saucepan, combine oil, sugar and vinegar.
- 2Heat and boil 1 minute and then cool completely.
- 3In large bowl, combine beans, peas, corn, peppers and onions.
- 4Pour vinegar mixture over bean/pepper mixture and mix to thoroughly coat.
- 5Cover and marinate overnight.
- 6Drain for 2-3 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for So Simple Cowboy Caviar
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g