Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe my aunty told me about. It is not too spicy and is so incredibly quick. I could do this with my eyes closed. Even Dad who hasn't eaten chili con carne in 35 years because of boarding school memories has asked for this again! Serve with either rice, baked potato, nachos, avocado and sour cream and always with cheese. This is a very nutritious meal
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 295 g condensed tomato soup (DO NOT ADD WATER)
- 420 g red kidney beans in chili sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 garlic clove finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fry onion and garlic in olive oil until onion goes clear.
- Add mince and brown.
- Add condensed tomato soup and beans in chili sauce, mixing in well.
- Place lid on and let simmer about 30 minutes.
- Serve with:.
- •Nachos, sour cream and avocado.
- •Baked potato.
- and with grated cheese.