Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty twist on cauliflower; can even be substituted for potatoes. Delicious and nutritious. From the Kitchens of Kraft.
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 small head)
- 1⁄4 cup ranch salad dressing (see note below)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring water to boiling in a large saucepan.
- Add cauliflower; cook 15 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender.
- Drain cauliflower; return to saucepan.
- Add dressing, salt and pepper.
- Mash until cauliflower is light and fluffy.
- Sprinkle with sliced onions before serving.
- *(note) More dressing can be added to achieve desired consistency and taste.
I love cauliflower so had to give this recipe a try. A light side dish that is very simple to make. I used one small head of cauliflower that I rough chopped and added to the boiling water. After draining, I added it back to the pan snf let the remaining water dry out. Needed a bit more ranch dressing and I think more seasoning or herbs. Just a little bland even with adding the extra ranch dressing.
This never reached the 'light and fluffy' stage, still had small lumps. I have to add my DS's were NOT impressed with this-they thought it was mashed potatoes, and were shocked when they had a mouthful. I did try my best not to laugh at them... Thanks shelbyrose!