Recipe by MAMACITA MEMEA
This is a very simple recipe and it tastes great. The chicken will be so tender and tasty, just one touch it will fall apart. Enjoy! **I am one of those cooks that cooks by feel so please make any adjustments that you need to.
Top Review by Bobtail
I decided to cook a large chicken today since we did not have any leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. I prepared the chicken as specified in the recipe, using red pepper instead of green pepper. I like the sweetness of a red pepper. I used Paula Deen's House Recipe, which is a mixture of salt, pepper and garlic and added a tiny sprinkle of rosemary. I thickly sliced the onion and red pepper. However, I used the "flipping" method in recipe #98395 when cooking. I laid the slices of onion and pepper on my roasting rack and placed the chicken, breast side down on the onions and peppers. I cooked the chicken, breast side for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees. I then flipped the chicken over, covered it with foil and continued baking it at 350 degrees for 3 hours. I removed the foil and let it bake for 20-30 minutes longer to crisp the skin a little. The only thing I may do different next time is cook the chicken longer breast side down and longer in general, so it will be falling apart tender. This is a very good and easy recipe for baked chicken. I do believe the "flipping" method did keep it moist. Thanks Mamacita Memea!
- 1 whole chicken
- season salt
- garlic salt
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 dash flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse Chicken and put into a pan.
- Rub season salt,pepper and garlic salt on chicken (chicken should be well seasoned).
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter and pour all over chicken (make sure it is all over the chicken).
- Sprinkle Flour over chicken (just a little not a lot).
- Cut onions into onion ring circles and place on top and sides of chicken.
- Cut green pepper and place on top and around chicken Cover with Aluminum Foil (tightly).
- Put it into oven and bake at 325 degrees for 4 to 5 hours (depending on your oven.).