Crazy Chrissy's Note:
This was a hand-me down recipe, which is great with snacks like: potato chips, pretzels, crackers. Also great on baked potatos or mixed in mashed potatoes. Use as a base for many other dips, depending on what you add. For example, we have added smoked salmon to have with crackers or on a bagel. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take out cream cheese blocks ahead to soften , if desired but not neccessary.
- 2Chop/Dice green onions up to and over the green tips. Depending on how much you like onion.
- 3Put the cream cheese, green onions and garlic in bowl and slowly beat with mixer, to break it up (rough mix).
- 4After rough mix, add milk a tablespoon at a time, to thin and then whip until desired consistency and cream cheese chucks have creamed.
- 5Pour or spoon into a bowl, cover and wrap with plastic. Refrigerate for 24 hours to infuse onion flavor and thicken, if on the runny-side.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for So Simple but so Good Green Onion Dip
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 174.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g