Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These were made for me by my cousins. They are easy and so moist and tasty.
- 2 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Remove crusts from two slices of white bread, tear into pieces and soak in buttermilk for a few minutes. Mash with a fork to make a paste.
- Combine bread with ground pork and lean ground beef. Add grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, egg yolk, minced garlic, and parsley. Mix well.
- Divide into sixteen pieces and roll into balls. Add to your favorite marinara sauce and cook until they are done.
- Or bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
I made these for my daughter (see pic) and she loved them! We ate them with cheese tortellini and a tomato herb Parmesan sauce. The first batch needed salt and less meat. The second batch we added salt and just slightly less meat, made them golf ball sized and they cooked perfectly in the oven!! Yummy! And we had extra to freeze!
YUM! So incredibly delicious- even better than Recipe #22782, which has, up until now been our favorite spaghetti recipe. Definitely replaced! We used organic spaghetti sauce and organic ground beef, served over spaghetti. I stuffed myself beyond fullness. The only thing was that after 20 minutes the meatballs were still very pink so my fiance turned the oven up to 400 and they still had to cook another 20 minutes before they were cooked through. Still extremely moist and wonderful! This is the first recipe where we haven't had to change a thing! Absolutely perfect!
GREAT!! I used all 85% ground beef, and baked them. Super moist, didn't even need a sauce. Definitely a keeper - thanks!