Ya so it is kinda cheating- BUT these come out so good everytime. Fast, simple and easy. Just don't tell 'em you cheated! They keep for 6 months in the fridge but always disappear faster than that! A family recipe here in TX.
- Remove pickles from jar and discard juice.
- Put some dill in bottom of empty pickly jar.
- Slice pickles into circles and add to jar along with onion and garlic cloves.
- Top jar with remaining dill.
- Boil vinegar salt and water and pour over pickles in jar.
- Replace jar top and let cool.
- Store in refrigerator.