Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you love Cajun & creole food, this will definately please you!
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 large green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 bay leaf (remove before serving)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon tbsps flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- In a large heavy skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over low heat.
- Sauté onions until limp but not brown.
- Push onions to 1 side & add flour, stirring until brown.
- Add all other ingredients except shrimp.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens & comes to a slow boil.
- Lower heat until mixture simmers, cover & continue to cook for about 35 minute.
- In another skillet, put 1 tablespoons butter & lightly sauté shrimp until they are firm & light pink.
- Add to gravy & continue to simmer for 10 minute Serve over hot cooked rice.