Recipe by MamaMeag
Due to making a deal with my sister to not have any SUGAR, I was forced to recreate some of our favorite treats, using natural alternatives! I'm happy to say...I like these better than the REAL DEAL! They are packed full of "good stuff", so you can eat them, guilt free (for the most part). In fact, my kids say that it's just too hard to only eat one! :0) They come out moist and chewy. You could, also, easily turn these into a great oatmeal chocolate chip cookie! So, have fun experimenting, and let me know what you think!
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 a stick)
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 ounces vanilla yogurt (I use the organic vanilla at Trader Joe's)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (we let the kids shake in as much as they like)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup raisins (put in as much as you like!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and honey.
- Add applesauce, yogurt and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until they are fully incorporated.
- Add in flax meal.
- Add in whole wheat flour, oats, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix until fully combined. ***Dough will seem a little runny.
- Add in raisins.
- Place spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool, and enjoy!