Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a great summer salad.
Top Review by evewitch
This was good and also easy. I used a 7 1/2 ounce jar of the artichoke hearts. I also used a full head of broccoli which I am sure was more than two cups since I peel and use the stems also. I used all of the cooked rice which might have been as much as 3 c. I used olive oil to prepare the rice-a-roni instead of the butter that the box calls for. I used some leftover Recipe #139286 that I had in the freezer instead of the beef.
- 2 cups julienned cooked beef
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, with dressing
- 2 cups chicken rice-a-roni, cooked according to the package
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, stemmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the artichoke hearts reserving the dressing.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients with the artichoke hearts in large bowl.
- Toss in rice while it’s still warm.
- Add the mayo and the reserved artichoke dressing; toss.
- Add the tomatoes and season to taste; gently toss.
- This is a great way to use leftover beef.