Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Warm up with a delicious Fall soup that brings together the flavors of butternut squash, sweet potato, and apple. This recipe uses already prepared butternut squash soup with fresh sweet potato and applesauce. The light coconut milk lends extra creaminess and richness as well!
- 1 sweet potatoes or 1 yam, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cups prepared butternut squash soup (such as Imagine Foods or Pacific)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons light coconut milk (optional)
- In a large pot add about an inch of water and heat just until it begins to simmer. Add sweet potato, reduced heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender. They should be easy to mash with a fork.
- Drain any excess water and let sweet potatoes cool. Transfer to a food processor, add 2 cups butternut squash soup and 3 Tbsp apple sauce. Process til smooth. Add additional soup and apple sauce to reach desired consistency and taste. If using, add a few tablespoons of light coconut milk for creaminess.
- Transfer to bowls, heat and serve!
- Freezing: You can also freeze this is small tupperwear (about 8oz) for individual ready-to-heat and eat servings! I recommend NOT adding coconut milk to any portions that you are going to freeze as I’ve found it doesn’t freeze well.