Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The amounts do not matter just as long as you measure equal amounts of soy sauce, barbecue sauce and honey. For 4-6 chicken pieces I would use 1/2 - 3/4 cup each, increase amounts for more chicken, use as much as you like, if you prefer lots of sauce then use a larger amount of the three, the sauce is great served on rice or veggies! I like to brown my chicken pieces first for more flavor, Add in some chopped or sliced green bell pepper and and onions if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (use just regular flavor BBQ sauce not sweet and sour)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 6 chicken pieces
- salt and pepper (optional use only if browning chicken first)
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic (or to taste)
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Brown in oil or butter.
- Place skin-side up in a greased baking dish (browning the chicken firstly is only optional, you will need to reduce the cooking time slightly if browning).
- Mix equal amounts of the soy sauce, barbecue sauce, honey and 2 tablespoons garlic together in a bowl; pour over the chicken in the baking dish and lift the chicken to coat in the mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 40-50 minutes (for browned chicken).
Very good and easy! I lined my pan with foil to contain some of the mess. Took the time to brown the chicken as I think it is tastier that way. Will be making again! Kittencal, thank you for another wonderful recipe!
This was fabulous! I made only 2 chicken breasts and used 1/3 cup of each - just decreased the soy sauce a bit based on another review - and two cloves of garlic (we are garlic lovers). I had plenty of "sauce" to spoon over the chicken at the end and probably could have just done 1/4 cup of each. This really was easy and so delicious. Thank you!
This recipe was easy to make and so delicious. Diffently make it again.