Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The amounts do not matter just as long as you measure equal amounts of soy sauce, barbecue sauce and honey. For 4-6 chicken pieces I would use 1/2 - 3/4 cup each, increase amounts for more chicken, use as much as you like, if you prefer lots of sauce then use a larger amount of the three, the sauce is great served on rice or veggies! I like to brown my chicken pieces first for more flavor, Add in some chopped or sliced green bell pepper and and onions if desired.
Top Review by Rose is Rose
Very good and easy! I lined my pan with foil to contain some of the mess. Took the time to brown the chicken as I think it is tastier that way. Will be making again! Kittencal, thank you for another wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (use just regular flavor BBQ sauce not sweet and sour)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 6 chicken pieces
- salt and pepper (optional use only if browning chicken first)
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Brown in oil or butter.
- Place skin-side up in a greased baking dish (browning the chicken firstly is only optional, you will need to reduce the cooking time slightly if browning).
- Mix equal amounts of the soy sauce, barbecue sauce, honey and 2 tablespoons garlic together in a bowl; pour over the chicken in the baking dish and lift the chicken to coat in the mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 40-50 minutes (for browned chicken).