Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is so simple and takes hardly any time at all. An easy go to dish that is nice when served with salad, quinoa, rice, or any veggies. If you need a quick and yummy salmon dinner/lunch, try this out. It would be nice served in a pita pocket with lettuce, tomato, etc as well. If you use plain bread crumbs, mix in a handful of fresh chopped parsley.
- Saute onions in 1 TBS olive oil until cooked through but not brown.
- Drain liquid from the salmon.
- Combine salmon, sauteed onion, breadcrumbs (parsley if you use plain breadcrumbs), eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Melt butter and oil in a pan.
- Brown salmon patties on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side).
- Place cooked patties on a paper towl to absorb excess oil.
These are nice and tender. I have made salmon patties many times over and don't believe I have precooked the onions before. The full recipe made 4 nice servings. They were served with fresh green beans and roasted poatotes.
Thank you so much for sharing this easy and nice recipe :) ! I made it for lunch and made an open burger out of it with some fired onion, fried tomato, grated carrot and tasty cheese, just then, and my husband kinda liked it (he is more of a fussy eater :p ); I didn't have fresh parsley, so I used a little bit of dried parsley; also, I just broke up a piece of toast and some breadcrumbs from the bottom of the toaster in to the mixture, since we didn't have bought breadcrumbs, and I added a little bit of concentrated lemon juice! It's a very quick and easy recipe and I personally like it :) ! thanks very much again!
Made these and my husband loved them.said they were the best ones I've ever made and I've made alto of them