Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is so simple and takes hardly any time at all. An easy go to dish that is nice when served with salad, quinoa, rice, or any veggies. If you need a quick and yummy salmon dinner/lunch, try this out. It would be nice served in a pita pocket with lettuce, tomato, etc as well. If you use plain bread crumbs, mix in a handful of fresh chopped parsley.
- Saute onions in 1 TBS olive oil until cooked through but not brown.
- Drain liquid from the salmon.
- Combine salmon, sauteed onion, breadcrumbs (parsley if you use plain breadcrumbs), eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Melt butter and oil in a pan.
- Brown salmon patties on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side).
- Place cooked patties on a paper towl to absorb excess oil.
These are nice and tender. I have made salmon patties many times over and don't believe I have precooked the onions before. The full recipe made 4 nice servings. They were served with fresh green beans and roasted poatotes.
I used regular and lemon flavored olive oil with the butter to fry. I also seasoned salmon with parsley and alot of dill along with spring onion, used Italian bread crumbs. it was awesome!!!
OMG so easy soooo good, will use this recipe all the time. Love it.