Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love this pizza dough! It is so quick and easy, and makes a great dough. A favorite for pizza night at my house! I found it originally on allrecipes.com, but tweaked it a bit.
- 7.08 g package active dry yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water (~110 degrees F)
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml white sugar
- cornmeal (for pan)
- 1. Dissolve yeast in water. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes, until creamy.
- 2. Add in the rest of ingredients except corn meal. Stir vigorously to form a stiff, wet dough. You may need to add another 1/4 cup flour to make the right consistency.
- 3. Cover and set aside; let rise at least 30 minutes (I usually let it rise 2 hours).
- 4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray pizza pan with cooking spray and sprinkle liberally with corn meal.
- 5. Grease hands with oil. Press dough onto pan to desired thickness.
- 6. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 7. Remove from oven; add toppings as desired. Cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until crust is browned and crispy on the bottom.
Great pizza dough! I let mine rise for the full 2 hours while I got some other stuff done, then I made a lovely pizza topped with fresh spinach leaves, chopped Roasted Roma Tomatoes with a bit of their flavored cooking oil spread on the crust before anything else, spoonfuls of Creamy Ricotta Cheese (Homemade), sliced fresh mozzarella balls, and some prepackaged grilled sliced chicken breast. I sprinkled the baked pizza with a handful of fresh chopped basil leaves before serving. It turned out like a twist on Bertucci's Chicken Margarita pizza, tasted yummy and was pretty to look at, too! My crust didn't really brown, even though I baked it on a pizza stone for the full amount of time, but it was decently crisp on the bottom, so I didn't worry so much about the color. I actually liked it even better reheated the next day. This is definitely going in my keepers file, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring '10 :)
I have never made my own pizza dough. I have always used packaged stuff and my family always complained LOL. This was so easy to make and tasted great. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
This dough made a wonderful crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside pizza crust. I only let my dough rise for 30 minutes and I made a white pizza using White Pizza Sauce, some marinated grilled chicken and caramelized onions. It was delicious! Will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.