Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It just couldn't get any easier to make!... your family will be licking their plates clean with this recipe! You can also use prime rib bones or make this with pork butt steaks. This is a must served with fries or potato pancakes!
- 4 -6 tablespoons oil
- 6 lbs short rib of beef
- seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- 2 large onions, coarsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks (with syrup)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef broth, undiluted
- 1 1⁄4 cups chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or use cayenne pepper to taste) (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the ribs with seasoning salt (or white salt) and pepper all over.
- In a large oven-proof pot, heat oil over medium heat, add in the ribs working in batches and brown on all sides.
- Then add in the chopped onion, garlic, pineapple chunks with the juice, broth, chili sauce, cider vinegar, honey, Worcestershire sauce red pepper flakes or cayenne (if using) mix to combine and to coat the ribs.
- Cover the pot and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, season sauce with salt and pepper (or more cayenne pepper).
- Place back in the oven uncovered for another hour or until the ribs are tender.
Good flavor but too much juice. It was a bit of a waste. I used some of it to cook my rice in. It was a nice addition to the flavors of the meal. I would probably thicken the sauce more next time.