10 hrs 15 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is a great recipe--one of my favorite recipes for the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste (with Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package of frozen stir fry vegetables
- 4 cups hot cooked rice or 4 cups noodles or 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 8 serving size pieces. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Place meat in a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, and hot pepper sauce; pour over meat. Top with frozen vegetables.
- 4Cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- 5Serve over your choice of noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for So Easy Pepper Steak for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.0
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 391.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stir fry vegetables