- 2 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste (with Italian seasoning)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof frozen stir fry vegetables
- 4 cups hot cooked rice or 4 cups noodles or 4 cups mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 8 serving size pieces. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place meat in a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, and hot pepper sauce; pour over meat. Top with frozen vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve over your choice of noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.