Recipe by sherininja
Quick, easy bar cookies. Common on hand ingredients, mix together in no time. I make these several times a week. Sometimes I double the chips or use different kinds of chips, they come out delightful every time.
Top Review by Edguyver
This was a nice quick & easy recipe! I added 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder as I do to any choco-chip cookie recipe. Amazing, and sadly vanished in no time!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 X 8 square pan with cooking spray. ( I use a Gladware ovenware pan)
- Thoroughly stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter on high for 1 minute. Add brown sugar and stir well. Stir in the egg and vanilla and beat 15 strokes with a mixing spoon.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir just until mixed. Mixture will still be very warm so let it cool for 5 minutes. Stir in chips.
- Sometimes I stir in a teaspoon of cinnamon just for kicks.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and bars appear set (edges will be brown).
- Let cool for about 20 minutes. Slice into 16 bars.
- Makes 16.