Prep 7 mins
Cook 23 mins
Quick, easy bar cookies. Common on hand ingredients, mix together in no time. I make these several times a week. Sometimes I double the chips or use different kinds of chips, they come out delightful every time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 X 8 square pan with cooking spray. ( I use a Gladware ovenware pan)
- Thoroughly stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter on high for 1 minute. Add brown sugar and stir well. Stir in the egg and vanilla and beat 15 strokes with a mixing spoon.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir just until mixed. Mixture will still be very warm so let it cool for 5 minutes. Stir in chips.
- Sometimes I stir in a teaspoon of cinnamon just for kicks.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and bars appear set (edges will be brown).
- Let cool for about 20 minutes. Slice into 16 bars.
- Makes 16.
This was a nice quick & easy recipe! I added 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder as I do to any choco-chip cookie recipe. Amazing, and sadly vanished in no time!
So glad I decided to try this recipe! I think these are better than Tollhouse. The only change I made was to double the recipe. I used a 13x9 inch pan. Really, really good and so easy.
So easy and so good! I added some chopped pecans and they reminded me of the really good chocolate chip cookies you get at the Doubletree Inn. One thing that isn't included is the pan size-I made mine in a nine inch round cake pan and they were great! Thanks for posting!