Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You will need about 6 ears of corn for this to make 2-1/2 cups, depending on the size of the corn cobs. I saute a small onion in the butter for about 3 minutes before adding in the corn kernels but that is only optional. This can also be made using frozen corn, and the recipe can be doubled.
Top Review by mekaren123
WOW this is the best! We ate it for Christmas dinner with our honey baked spiral ham. YUMMY! My mom used to heat up Green Giant creamed corn once in a while, and this tastes just like it, but more fresh. Had to send the recipe to my sister in law! A MUST do if you like creamed corn. If I could give it a 6 star I would. I doubled the recipe, used frozen yellow and white corn, and added about 1/4 cup of water while it was simmering, to make it a little less thick. otherwise, it was perfect.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no subs)
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt for this)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter.
- Stir in the corn kernels and the half and half cream; mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch, sugar and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally for about 10-12 minutes.
- Season with black pepper to taste.