Recipe by HLNgirl4god
This is a recipe I got from my boyfriends dad. He found in some magazine ages ago. It's so easy to make and so delicious!
Top Review by Nathan C.
These were pretty good. We forwent the beans since most people in the house aren't fans, and added some avacado and green peppers. The middle stayed damp from the meat and veggies, while the outside got crispy, rather than it being crispy the whole way through. Still, it was pretty good.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 lb ground beef (pref. gorund sirloin)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) packet taco seasoning, any brand
- 8 large tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sliced black olives (to garnish) (optional)
- chopped cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, for taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat bottom of large skillet lightly with olive oil.
- Saute garlic on medium heat until light brown.
- Saute meat, adding taco seasoning once meat is broken up and cooking.
- Once meat is cooked, ad drained beans and tomatoes. Cook mixture till vegetables are cooked through.
- Arrange tortillas on a round, pizza style baking sheet, overlapping each tortilla until the whole sheet is covered. Bake on 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with chili meat and then cover with cheese (and olives if desired) and return to a 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes so the cheese doesn't fall apart when cut.