Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Refrigerated sugar cookie dough makes these bars so easy to make. For different flavors, try using lime or orange juice. Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury.
- 1 (18 ounce) roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Slice cookie dough as directed on package.
- Arrange slices in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- With lightly floured fingers, press dough evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour and baking powder; blend well.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour mixture over warm crust.
- Bake at 350°F for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
sorry, but these weren't very good. They were very sugary and I couldnt taste the lemon. Might want to decrease the amount of sugar. On the upside they made the house smell good!