Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Anyone can make this, it's so simple! Give this away as gifts for the holidays. The jam will keep up to 5 days covered tightly in the refrigerator. 1 cup sugar will produce a more tart jam, increase the sugar slighty for a sweeter taste.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this pretty much as directed, although I cut back on the water & then couldn't bring myself to strain out the skins & seeds, so left them in! Still, THIS IS A VERY TASTY SPREAD & a definite keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Cookathon for Kittencal]
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (fresh or frozen, if using frozen do not thaw)
- 1 cup sugar (you can use a bit more)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a 2-3 quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes, (the jam will continue to thicken as it cools).
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, force the jam through and then discard the skins and seeds.
- Cool in a bowl stirring occasionally.
- Store covered in the fridge.