Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe is so easy to make; just layer all ingredients in a dish and bake. It is hard to believe that something this easy tastes so good!
Top Review by Lisajane0007
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. SO simple and so good. I put it in a candy box competition for the Ohio State Fair along with Oreo Truffles and Chocolate Covered Cherries. My candy box took a First Place Blue Ribbon!! Thanks for sharing! Lisa.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-in pan.
- Pour melted butter in bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle Vanilla wafer crumbs evenly over butter.
- Sprinkle walnuts over crumbs.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over nuts.
- Sprinkle coconut over chocolate.
- Combine evaporated milk with brown sugar, stir until smooth.
- Pour evenly over layers.
- Bake for 22-25 mins (don't overbake!).
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares.