Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Warm the milk in the microwave before using for the sauce --- for the ease of this recipe you will be surprised at how good this is! :)
Top Review by Dayzi8
I was impressed with this. I always have issues trying to make cheese sauce on the stovetop and thought I would just try this instead. It worked out great and I put it on top of some oven potatoes. It was a little grainy for me but it might have been because i did not have a wisk, i used a fork. I will try this again!!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk, warmed
- Tabasco sauce (to taste or a pinch of cayenne)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (can use up to 2 cups)
- ground black pepper (optional and to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave-safe bowl (I use my 8-cup Pyrex measuring cup) microwave the butter for 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Add in the warmed cream or milk, Tabasco and flour; whisk vigorously until completely combined.
- Add in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes removing a few times during cooking to stir.
- Cook until the cheese has melted and the mixture is thick.
- If desired season with ground black pepper to taste.