Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
this is my spin on a black forest cake easy for a working mom
- 1 chocolate cake mix (i used a dark chocolate fugde)
- 3 large eggs
- cherry pie filling
- whipped topping
- pre heat oven to 325(mine is a comvection oven).
- mix together all ingredients
- spray pam into the pan.
- put onto a 9 x 13 non stick cake pan.
- bake about 40min.
- cool one hour
- put in ice box after first use also can do after cooling before serving.
- top with a cool whip or whipped cream if you like.
This was good and sooo easy! Served with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
I was looking for a super easy black forest cake and this is it! For the topping I folded about 1/2 of a container of chocolate frosting into the whipped cream and spread it on the cooled cake. I topped it with slivered almonds and some cherries that I reserved from the pie filling. The cake was very spongy, a nice change from the typical cakes I make. I baked it in a regular oven at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Very good and so easy! My family is not big on frostings on cake, so this is perfect for them! It is best served cold - dense and fudgy.