Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Savory and simple pot pie. You won't believe how simple it was.
Make and share this So Easy Beef Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1⁄2 lb beef caps, cut for stir fry
- 2 medium carrots, cut half inch thick
- 2 stalks celery, same as carrots
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, raw
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dredge beef in flour, brown in oil.
- you do not have to cook beef entirely. Set aside in large bowl.
- Combine all veggies except onions, soups, l cup milk, salt, pepper, basil with beef tips in large bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Do not rinse or drain oil from pan, saute onions in same pan with beef juices, aprox. 5-7 mins on medium-high heat. Onions should be slightly opaque and soft. Mix with veggies and beef.
- In a 8X8 baking dish pour veggie mix.
- Combine rest of milk, egg, and biscut mix in another bowl. Combine thouroughly.
- Make sure soup and veggie mixture is evenly smoothed out. Pour biscut mixture over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for at least 25 minutes Top should be golden and filling completely heated through. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes if you wish for a more golden crust.
- You may need a cookie sheet under baking dish.
Wow! thishas great potential for 5 stars but a few changes need to be made. The cooking time did not allow for the carrots to be fully cooked and the celery needed more time. I would suggest cooking everything but the bisquit for 20 minutes then add the bisquit and follow the regular directions. I did use a small can of green beans instead of the broccoli. The taste was five star but crunchy veggies needed more cooking time. Of course this is just a opinion. Judge for yourself.
Simple, Easy, Wonderful... Very filling, I wish I was able to eat more of it. I made twice as much Bisquick mix so that I could add a bottom layer. I used chicken instead of beef inside my pie. I also substituted a can of diced potatoes for the broccoli. I then added 1/2 cup shredded cheese to the mixture (got to have cheese) YUM! ;)
Delicious... just delicious. We enjoyed this simple dish very much. Quick and oh so easy to throw together. The house smelled great while it was baking, the finished dish was very pretty, with a crisp, light and fluffy crust,the filling was just superb. Rich, creamy, full of tender vegetables and tender beef. A really great comfort meal. Thanks so much for sharing. I will be making this often. Made for Spring Pac 08.