Recipe by BaristaMela
Savory and simple pot pie. You won't believe how simple it was.
Top Review by bill mayes
Wow! thishas great potential for 5 stars but a few changes need to be made. The cooking time did not allow for the carrots to be fully cooked and the celery needed more time. I would suggest cooking everything but the bisquit for 20 minutes then add the bisquit and follow the regular directions. I did use a small can of green beans instead of the broccoli. The taste was five star but crunchy veggies needed more cooking time. Of course this is just a opinion. Judge for yourself.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1⁄2 lb beef caps, cut for stir fry
- 2 medium carrots, cut half inch thick
- 2 stalks celery, same as carrots
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, raw
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dredge beef in flour, brown in oil.
- you do not have to cook beef entirely. Set aside in large bowl.
- Combine all veggies except onions, soups, l cup milk, salt, pepper, basil with beef tips in large bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Do not rinse or drain oil from pan, saute onions in same pan with beef juices, aprox. 5-7 mins on medium-high heat. Onions should be slightly opaque and soft. Mix with veggies and beef.
- In a 8X8 baking dish pour veggie mix.
- Combine rest of milk, egg, and biscut mix in another bowl. Combine thouroughly.
- Make sure soup and veggie mixture is evenly smoothed out. Pour biscut mixture over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for at least 25 minutes Top should be golden and filling completely heated through. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes if you wish for a more golden crust.
- You may need a cookie sheet under baking dish.