Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pie is *SO* good and so easy to make, and to make it even more simple purchase a ready-made vanilla wafer crust, or a graham cracker crust, or just make your own. I always make two of these as I end up by eating almost one myself, it is THAT good!
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced (make certain the bananas are ripe and yellow, not black)
- 1 prepared vanilla wafer pie crusts or 1 graham cracker crust
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping (or to taste, I used Smuckers for this)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 3 -4 tablespoons powdered sugar (or use granulated sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped Skor candy bar (or 3 regular-size Skor chocolate bars, or use Skor baking bits)
- Layer the banana slices evenly over the bottom of the prepared crust.
- Drizzle the caramel topping over the bananas.
- Beat the whipping cream with sugar and vanilla until very stiff.
- Spread over the banana slices, swirling to make a decorative pattern.
- Sprinkle the chopped Skor pieces on top or around the edges of the whipping cream.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
This was a delicious, easy recipe. I was starving and could hardly wait to get the ingredients assembled. I accidentally picked up a shortbread crust, but that made no difference. So good.
Yowza! If it were possible to award more than 5 stars, I definitely would -- this pie is FABULOUS! Since I couldn't find Skor items in any shape or form, I processed down some semi-sweet chocolate morsels and sprinkled them over the pie and then drizzled the finished pie with caramel ice cream topping. YUM YUM YUM!!!
Very good, and sooooo easy to make, thank you Kittencal for sharing this recipe.