1/7 Photos of So Easy Arroz Con Pollo (Spanish Chicken and Rice)
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is a quick version without losing any flavor. Good for busy people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package farmhouse savory chicken rice pilaf mix (if you can't find that, use 6 ounces of yellow rice)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1In large skillet sauté chicken onion and garlic in oil 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- 2Add water and tomato; bring to a boil.
- 3Add the rice and seasoning package; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Add peas and olives and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for So Easy Arroz Con Pollo (Spanish Chicken and Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 73.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken rice pilaf mix
pimento-stuffed green olives