Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this today for supper. Had very little in my fridge and needed something quick to put on the table. This turned out so good, and so easy to make.
- linguine (enough for 2 people)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- Put pasta cooking.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute the garlic and peppers.
- Add chilli flakes, pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the cream- stir well.
- Add the cheeses- mix both in well- it should look a bit creamy and thick.
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking the pasta, add the broccoli to the pasta pot.
- (This will cook it a bit, but still leave it crunchy).
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce mixture, toss well and plate.
- Garnish with additional parmesan cheese.
Good stuff! We added chicken as well and got great results from it, I like the fact that it calls for cream cheese and half-and-half instead of heavy whipping cream. Highly recommend!
This really should be my son's review. I made it for him tonight and he absolutely loved it. I am always looking for quick easy meals as he always eats before me and my hubby, this was great. I didn't use green peppers as I didn't have any and I added a seasoned chicken breast which added extra cooking time but still so simple. I don't eat pasta sorry, but I did taste the sauce and thought it worked really well. Thanks for posting