Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are taking this to a get together you can assemble it ahead of time in a disposible foil pan. The success of the dip will depend on the quality of your chili, so purchase a good-quality chili, or use your own homemade chili, make certain that it has a lot of beans in it though! Have fun with this recipe, layer other ingredients in the middle if desired, the possibilities are endless with this dip! This is SOOOOO good and easy too! I like to spread a small layer of sour cream over the hot cheese, then the jalapenos and olives on top but the sour cream is only optional. DO NOT double the recipe in one pan, prepare two separate recipes in two pans.
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or to taste, or use cheddar cheese)
- pickled jalapeno pepper, rings
- sliced black olives
- sour cream (optional)
- Frito Scoops
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the softened cream cheese evenly into the bottom of a 7 x 11 or 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the chili on top of the cream cheese, then sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for about 12-15 minutes or until the mixture is warmed and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the pickled jalapenos and sliced black olives on top.
- Serve warm with Fritos scoops.
Kitten you have some great recipes and this is another one! I made chili and doubled this recipe for DH, he loved it. I softened my cream cheese in the microwave and omitted the pickled jalapenos and olives. Topped with sour cream when served and scooped away with the Frito's. Thank you so much sweetie for posting a wonderful and easy dip!