Recipe by Broke Guy
This easy recipe is just so delicious and the flavor of pesto is so bright and sunny.
- 1 (14 ounce) box whole wheat pasta (penne or rotini)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (can add more)
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring 6 cups of water and 1 tsp salt to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook per package directions.
- When there is one minute left for the pasta to cook to al dente, add the peas and stir slowly. When pasta is done, drain into a colander and run cold water over the mixed pasta and peas. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pesto sauce and then pour the pasta and peas into the mixing bowl. Top with the chicken and feta cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately or chill covered in a refrigerator. Serve within 5 days.