Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderfully easy and filling dish that I was raised on. Quick, easy and inexpensive!
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (instant works just fine)
- 4 slices American cheese or 4 slices cheddar cheese, tastes best
- Brown ground meat and onion.
- Prepare mashed potatoes.
- Mix 1/2 can of cream of celery soup with cooked meat mixture.
- Put meat onion and soup mixture in the bottom of a pie pan or casserole dish.
- Put mashed potatoes on top.
- Spread the rest of the soup on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F, adding cheese during last 10 minutes to melt.
Very good meal. I have made this for many years. Quick to make if you have leftover mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Very filling and yummy, easy too. THNX 4 sharing
Very good! I used cream of mushroom as that's what I had. I added some corn and peas with mushrooms that I had leftover. I used instant herb and garlic potatoes and added salt and pepper to the meat and onions while cooking it. Good comfort food. Thanks, Carole in Orlando