1/1 Photo of Snug Hollow's Very Crisp Oatmeal and Corn Waffles
Renie 77's Note:
From Southern Favorites magazine. These waffles will always bring my daughter for a breakfast visit, they are the only ones that my family wants now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT waffle iron to medium.
- 2IN A LARGE BOWL, combine oats, flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, cream, milk and butter, stirring to combine. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- 3POUR approximately 1 cup batter onto hot waffle iron. Bake until waffles cease to steam, approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye on waffle iron; these waffles crisp up quickly.
- 4SERVE with maple syrup, yogurt, and fresh fruit on the side, if desired. I like sweetened ricotta and fresh fruit on top with the syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snug Hollow's Very Crisp Oatmeal and Corn Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.4
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 241.6 mg
- Sodium 1019.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 13.4 g