Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Perfect indulgence for a cold morning.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Combine beaten egg, heavy cream and almond extract and refrigerate.
- Cut butter into flour the flour mixture until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add white chocolate chips and almonds.
- Stir in heavy cream mixture. Add stir to combine. (I used my hands to form one big ball with the dough).
- Form 6 balls and set on a cookie sheet lined with parchemin paper.
- Brush scones with egg white.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a cooling rack.
My daughter picked these out for a tea party we had the other day and they were great! I didn't add the almonds - didn't have them on hand. I did add a bit more cream than the recipe stated because my dough was too dry. I also shaped mine into a disk and then cut it into eight triangles. They really turned out great. These were best right out of the oven. Thanks for posting!