Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Gooseberry Patch More Gifts for Giving.
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- additional powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine one egg, butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice; add in cake mix and almonds--mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baking pan; bake in a 350° oven for about 15 minutes or until golden; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese until light and fluffy; gradually mix in powdered sugar.
- Add remaining eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition; pour over hot crust.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with powdered sugar before cutting into bars to serve.